Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Little Afternoon Fun

Saturday afternoon, we went and hung out with my mom's grandparents. It ended up being me, my parents, Mike and Judi and William, my aunt Tammy and her daughter Lissy, and my grandparents. My grandparents brought out the toys for William to play with and in their garage were two wheelchairs. Lissy and I decided to test out our driving skills and took them for a ride. Hers was motorized and mine was not. I had a difficult time steering, stopping, pretty much with everything. Some very nice people even tried to stop on the road to help me out!! But finally I was able to get a little bit of control and we did some laps around a church parking lot. Man, my arms were tired, and are now very sore! I have definitely gained a lot more respect for people whose circumstances have put them in wheelchairs.

Me showing off my skydiving/car accident battle wounds [scars]

My cousin Lissy and nephew William.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I hear William enjoyed riding around with Lissy.

    ReplyDelete