Sunday, December 13, 2009

a little recap

In my last post, from thanksgiving, I was thankful for my car running. Little did I know, that while I had been typing that post, the cold weather in Utah was freezing my battery. So when I got back, I had no running car. Taking into account that it was the last two weeks of school, I had absolutely NO time to go and purchase a new battery. Lucky for me, Caity Jones [friend and fellow co-worker] lives down the street and works every morning like me. She was my life saver and got me to school and work everyday. Friday was a reading day so I told Ryan we were going to fix my car. We drove to Walmart to get a new battery, and they were all gone. So then we went to Napa and purchased one. Ryan installed it and all was well.... or so we thought. I went to the bank and was going around the corner of the drive through talking to my mom about how glad I was to have my car again, when it dies. Everything just shuts off. The man in line in front of me was nice enough to spend about 30 minutes helping me diagnose the problem. He said: I think there is a fuse blown. So he pushes me through the drive through, then his wife and him give me a ride home. Then Ryan and I spend about the next 3 or 4 hours attempting to find and fix this blown fuse. So now to my list of thanksful I can add... A BROTHER THAT KICKS BUTT! Ryan is awesome. He rebuilt the fuse that was blown because it was a custom made fuse.. spent a lot of time in the cold figuring everything out and now thanks to him: my car runs and I did not have to pay a mechanic to fix it! :) Thanks Ryan!!!!

Now the week I dread all semester is here. FINALS. But... I lucked out this year and 2 out of the 5 are take home and can/have been started before finals week begins. 33 + hours of work and 3 finals should turn into an interesting week though!

Sarah and I made cookies [court helped decorate] and then gingerbread houses last night to help us get into the Christmas spirit.... I'm so excited for Christmas and seeing all my family! Can't wait!!!





2 comments: