Monday, December 20, 2010

Finals, Graduation, Break, Interview, Job

Finals week was crazy! I worked every morning from 7:45 until 2-3 [changed depending on the day], then went and worked with a group on a presentation for a final. I then would return to work from 5 until however long it took us to close the testing center. Repeat every day. All week long. Talk about tired. By the end of the week, I could barely speak English, my thoughts were dysfunctional, and whatever I thought I had said, hardly ever made it past the thought phase... haha.

But Friday night brought about my last shift ever at the Testing Center. As I was walking out, it finally hit me that that was it. No more tests to scan, no more fun shifts with all the TC peeps. I was done with BYU and now had to move on to the next phase of my life....

Which, I had a job interview today in St. George. I was called back about an hour after the interview and offered the job. I was not expecting to hear back so fast, but when you tell the interviewer you are going home for Christmas break, it apparently speeds up the process.

Anyways, I am now an employee of Danville. Which is a company that houses and works with developmentally disabled people. I am excited for the job and think it will be great to help me out with my future goal of social work.  My first day is next Monday!!!

Now my life is spent with figuring out housing, how I am going to prove that I have lived in Utah for a long time so I can get a new license, and just enjoying the freedom of no school and learning the ropes of a new job.

Happy Holidays Everyone! I hope ya'll have a great time with family and friends!!! <3 ya

No comments:

Post a Comment