Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Last Day's Eve

As I sit here, I realize tomorrow is my last day of classes at BYU. EVER! yes, last day of classes ever. So as I sit here procrastinating my last paper [sorry Christina], I just thought I'd reflect a little over my time as a Cougar.

Some very random things I have learned:
1. make a friend in your major and take all your major classes with said friend. I don't know what I would have done without Jenny Brooks. I probably would've gone broke from buying all my own books and not sharing, failed a few tests, and struggled through even more through my boring classes, or skipped class in general, lost all my hair doing SPSS, and I would've just hated my major. Thanks jenny!!
2. Just because you go to BYU, does not mean you are smart. Ha. Yes, I work at the Testing Center. Yes, I deal with some very stupid students everyday. [Can i say that here??] OOPS :) but it's true. I will miss my time at the Testing Center, but I will NOT miss students who can't fill in their bubbles right, who can't read a bright red stamp that says "DO NOT WRITE ON THIS EXAM", and who ask mulitple pointless questions and who won't believe me when I give them an answer. Yes people, I know what i'm doing.. i've worked here for 3 years!!
3. BYU needs to loosen up on a few things: namely caffeine regulations and facial hair. Life would be so much better if they served caffeine and didn't care about scruff.
4. Trying to convince teachers you don't need to take your final doesn't work. Yes, we tried that in my Soc 426 class tonight and epically failed. I think we almost had her convinced though. Maybe next time... wait... there won't be one!!! :D
5. People do swear at BYU!! haha, yes a girl in my class swore during a discussion about females in the work place. No mother, it was not me. HA.
6. You can procrastinate and still get good grades on assignments... if you doubt, just look at mine! hahahahaha.
7. what else did i learn? oh yeah, enjoy it while it lasts cuz soon it'll be gone.
I'm excited to be done soon. I still have no idea what I'm doing after.And it's just hitting me now that I may be leaving all my friends behind soon :(  But I'm excited for the upcoming ride filled with uncertainty and adventure!!!

4 comments:

  1. yeah facial hair has always been a problem of yours alison :) jk congrats on officially graduating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said that because we always have to turn them away at work and I don't really care about it so I feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to drink caffeine go buy it at a store-it doesn't need to be available on campus for you to drink it.

    Also 16 pages. . . I thought you said 6!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay so it wasn't that bad because only 6 pages were new :) i've already edited the other ones !!! Have a fun last day of class and good luck on finals!

    ReplyDelete